The National Archaeological Museum of Naples (MANN)
The National Archaeological Museum of Naples (MANN)Naples Tourism
In the museum you can admire more than 3000 evidences of priceless value and thousands of objects dated back to stone age or ancient times.
The National Archaeological Museum of Naples (MANN) is located in one of the most monumental buildings in the Naples, that is the palace of the Real Museum from 1600 d. C.
The Museum has an expository area of 12.650 square metres and it has 3 main sections:
- Farnese collection (with evidences from Roman Age)
- Pompeii collection (with evidences from Vesuvius area and from Borbonic collection)
- Egyptian collection (it is the second Egyptian collection in Italy, after the one from Turin)
The National Archaeological Museum of Naples (MANN) is not only an attraction for tourists visiting Naples since from November 2016 until May 2018 some pieces, artworks, frescos from the MANN will be exported in a tour in USA. The itinerant exhibition will be found in various american cities.
- 8€, full price, 4€, reduced price
- free, until 18 years old and the first sunday of every month
Opened every day: 9,00 am – 7.30 pm
Address, Contact and Telephone Number
Address and Contact Details
Piazza Museo Nazionale, 19
80135 - Napoli
Phone Number: +39 081 4422149
The National Archaeological Museum of Naples (MANN): how you can arrive
Underground line 2. Piazza Cavour Stop, 100 meters on foot.
Underground line 1. Museo Stop, 100 meters on foot.
In railway cumana
Montesanto Stop, 10 minutes on foot (take Via Roma, in north direction).
– bus number 201-203 (from Piazza Garibaldi). Stop in front of Museum.
- bus number 152 or number R3 (if you come from the The Phlegraean Fields). When you arrive to Piazza Dante, take Via Roma.
The National Archaeological Museum of Naples (MANN): Ticket prices
– 4€, reduced price (for students between 18 and 24 years old, professors of Art in the University)
– free, until 18 years old.
The museum is free every first sunday of every month. You can safe money if you buy the Artecard.
The ticket offices are open from 9.00 am to 7.00 pm every day except Tuesday.
You can buy the tickets on phone. Please call these phone numbers: 848.800.288 or +39.06.39967050 (if you call from mobile or from abroad). From Monday to Saturday from 9 am to 1.30 pm and from 2.30 pm to 5 pm.